The installation media can be downloaded from here:
The BioWin license server is accessible on the wired campus network, on UAWiFi, as well as on the regular VPN and the
Engineering VPN profile for online/distance students.
Students will need to configure their computers to use the BioWin license server after installing the software by following these instructions:
- Open a web browser and enter http://localhost:1947 in the address bar.
- Click the Configuration option in the left menu bar.
- Click Access to Remote License Managers tab.
- In the text box next to Remote License Search Parameters, type in the license server address: biowin.license.engr.arizona.edu
- Click the Submit button.
- You can close the web browser and open BioWin 5.3
- BioWin is unable to connect to the license server...
- Verify internet connection
- Verify VPN connection (if off campus)
- Try VPN connection if on campus (though UAWifi and wired network connections should be able to connect to the license server)
- Verify license server name was entered correctly (see instructions above)