This document explains how to get set up working from home if your home computer is a Mac.
1) First, you'll need to get Cisco VPN if you haven't already.
Here's a guide on that:
2) Next, you'll need to install the Microsoft Remote Desktop app from the Mac App Store. If you already have the app installed, please make sure it is up-to-date before proceeding to the next step.
3) Once you've done that, and you open the app, click 'Add PC'
- Enter the computer name you're connecting to where it says Connection name (you're just naming the connection here, really).
- Then, where it says PC name, enter <Your PC Name>.CATNET.ARIZONA.EDU; so for instance, if your computer name (at work) is called ENGR-WILDCAT, you would enter ENGR-WILDCAT.CATNET.ARIZONA.EDU
Once that's done, and as long as you're connected to the VPN, when you attempt to connect, it should ask you for your NetID credentials, and you should be all set!
If you don't know your computer name or have other issues, go ahead and submit a ticket through our website or email, or give us a call (520-626-7094), and we'll do our best to help you out!
NOTE: If you have a really old version of the Microsoft Remote Desktop client from the Mac App store, you may need to uninstall that and then install the latest version offered on the app store as Microsoft makes frequent changes to the client app for Macs.