This document explains how to get set up working from home if your home computer is a Mac.
1) First, you'll need to get Cisco VPN if you haven't already.
Here's a guide on that:
2) Next, you'll need to install Microsoft Remote Desktop from the Apple App Store
3) Once you've done that, and you open the app, click 'Add PC'
- Enter the computer name you're connecting to where it says Connection name (you're just naming the connection here, really).
- Then, where it says PC name, enter yourpcname.catnet.arizona.edu; so for instance, if your computer name (at work) is called ENGR-WILDCAT, you would enter engr-wildcat.catnet.arizona.edu
Once that's done, and as long as you're connected to the VPN, when you attempt to connect, it should ask you for your netid credentials, and you should be all set!
If you don't know your computer name or have other issues, go ahead and submit a ticket through our website or email, or give us a call (520-626-7094), and we'll do our best to help you out!
[Apologies, we don't work with Macs, and as such this document is a work in progress, and we don't have screenshots of the